Thursday, May 17, 2007

Moving day...

Most of you know I work for Pike County Children Services. Daily, either myself or my co-workers are taken on rollercoaster rides of emotion. I believe the community at large doesn't understand what/who we deal with. I sometimes don't know how we all cope; denial helps, and so does crying.

I hate moving day...when a foster child is placed in a new home. I had to do that today as a child was moved for no fault of his/her own. Tonight, he/she will place his/her head on a pillow (that may be his/hers) and sleep in a foreign bed, with new noises and nuances. And I have to expect that he/she will adjust just fine...or else a new move will come.

Taylor has had some difficulty lately sleeping in a new room, a new bed...adjusting to different noises and nuances in a house that she feels is not totally hers (at her father's in Beaver). I can't fix it for her...I have to expect that she will adjust just fine...and all this is of no fault of her own.

I have told her that, no one marries thinking they will divorce.
Peace is sometimes difficult to find...for Taylor and myself.
But God is good. really.

1 comment:

lauren. said...

i love the two of you very much